Articleship Registration Forms
Having gotten selected in an articleship firm, a CA student has to intimate ICAI that he/she is going to start articleship and provide all relevant details regarding the same. He/she would be required to fill Form 102 and Form 103 on payment of Rs. 50 to ICAI for articleship registration and furnish all details as asked in these forms.
Form 102 and Form 103 for Registration of Articleship can also be downloaded from the website of ICAI. In case these forms are downloaded online, the CA Student would be required to pay Rs. 50 extra which he would normally be required to pay in case these registration forms were purchased physically from ICAI branches. (Download Form 102 & Form 103 online)
Articleship Registration Process:-
First of all, you need to login into the ICAI portal and start with filling Form 102
Articleship Registration Form 102: Deed of Articles
1. The deed of articles should be executed on a “Non-Judicial Stamp Paper” of the requisite value should be affixed.
2. The deed should be executed for full period of 3 years. A period lesser than 3 years will not be accepted.
3. The deed should be executed in printed Form and signed both by the articled assistant and the chartered accountant concerned.
4. The original deed should be retained by the Chartered Accountant and a duplicate copy thereof should be given to the articled assistant.
5. The deed is not required to be submitted to ICAI for registration.
Articleship Registration Form 103: Statement of Particulars
Articleship Registration Form 103 is required to be submitted in triplicate:-
one copy is to be submitted to ICAI,
another copy to be retained by the CA and the article.
Form 103 should be signed by both the CA as well as the Article Assistant.
A copy of the articleship registration form should be submitted to ICAI along with:-
1. Attested copy of mark-sheet of IPCC Exams
2. Attested copy of Secondary/ Higher School Certificate as proof of Date of Birth
3. Requisite Fees by way of Demand Draft i.e. Rs. (Rs. 50 extra in case the Forms were downloaded online)
4. Attested Copy of completion of IT and OC Training
Copies of all these forms should be attested by the CA under whom the articleship training is being undergone.
However, if you make a delay in payment of fees, you would also have to pay late fees.
ICAI may either approve the same without any enquiry or in case of any doubts, ICAI may also ask for the following documents:-
1. Attendance Record of the Articled Assistant
2. Original Deed of Articles in Form 102, executed on a non-judicial stamp paper
3. Certified Copy of the work diary of the articled assistant
4. Stipend Details with evidence in the form of Bank Pass Book/ Bank statement
In case a student wishes to pursue any other course along with articleship, he/she would be required to obtain the permission of ICAI within 1 month of starting such course by submitting an application in Form 112.
Student Identity Card
The Identity Card in Form 103 should be duly filled in with the latest passport size photograph of the student and signed by the CA and student at appropriate places.
The Identity Card will be stamped by ICAI and returned to the student on a plastic cover along with the registration letter. The Identity Card and Registration Letter would be sent to the Article Assistant by normal post to their registered address.
The Identity Card shall be compulsory to all students and is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of registration.
In case of transfer/extension of articled service, the card shall be required to be re-issued for the balance/extended period.
At the time of Articleship Registration, the article trainee is required to pay a fee of Rs. 2,000.
In case this articleship registration fee has already been paid at the time of IPCC Registration, you are not required to pay this fee again.